Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Twilight Zone Zombies: reflection on a dream

 
Twilight Zone Zombies

In the dream, I with friends glanced at the big set
where I am frozen in the credits of episode of Zone,
the Twilight Zone, which I had not seen, where I am chased
by Zombies, those creatures who still having blood,
yet whose eyes are dead and devoid of life,
look for others, hapless others, making them turn

into ones like them. I running, running and turn
this way and that to avoid forever aspic like set
in this life of deadness, of paces walking as if life
was still there but missing the point of the zone
of living with passion boiling in my blood.
But, in the dream all of them are me; not chaste,

YET with impure thoughts playing of undead chases
through my heart. My years are moving to the turn
of retirement and who am I without the hot blood
of work flowing in my days running with full schedule set
for each new day? Visiting with joy people in the zone
and ideas of Spirit and children full of fun and life.

YET, there are so many moments at desk where life
has fled and bureaucrat roles and functions chase
away the reason for the profession. Find it hard that zone
to find and to be where I really care if numbers turn
from good to worse and where I am Zombie like set
in routine and the slow cooling of my spirit’s blood.

YET, I see the geritol starved with tired blood
cooling as they watch the tube for shade of life
sparkling the routine of sup, shit, sit, stare at sets,
now bigger and brighter, but with all life chased
away. Where the only choice is the button to turn,
no knob for them, and me, who watch old Twilight Zone

episodes to recapture surprise. Twilight indeed the zone
on the tube and me. How I long for a new day and blood
burning of new lands. Now I move to dream lands to turn
inward to come to peace with foundations of my second life
integrating the honored ruins of first with all that was chased
away as I chased after honored goals, but now new to set.

Twilight is my zone as dark and light of new life
blend in my blood. Dreams of my Zombies chased
and being chased in turn until the channel changes on the set.



No comments:

Post a Comment