Thursday, October 27, 2016

Martin's Dance Date-- Reformation Day 2016



Reformation Day: Marin's Dance Date
Martin brought his date, Grace, to the dance
posting a long note on the door to announce
his dear choice was the one who really counts,
rejecting mother’s choices who had no chance
competing with his wonderful beauteous prize.
His mother went into high dudgeon, snapping
disapproval; “Boy, you’ll not catch me napping!
Pretty she is, but my heritage you’ll not despise.
I’ll teach you who will do thinking around heres.
Worth spilling ink and blood to show who’s right
I will join against you in battle with all my might!”
So began theological foodfights for so many years.
Families were ripped asunder, relations tossed,
Today, family lovingly repairs the centuries lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment