Thursday, July 13, 2017

Poem for 16 June

The Genesis story for this Sunday  are three conflicts between Jacob and Esau in utero,, then after birth for the affection of their parents and then for the food. It reminded me of the times we all are called to make choices.

Which Way Will I Choose?

Rebekah cried: “If it is this way, why do I live?”
Two forces wrestling within her for dominance.
Who has control; these two gifts of Providence
inside my being to which shall I my hope give?

Like she, within me struggles to make choice
One hints at adventures to find myself anew
breaking me away, free from same old glue
of the familiar routine with that alluring voice.

The other calls me to choose the trodden path
where we have walked together for oh so long
resting in her every familiar curves of her song
echoing down memories like a nice warm bath.

Each choice promises sharing an almost holy gift
to untangle a future that is coming much too swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment