Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Mary Magdalene

I wrote a reflection about Thomas this last week for the 2nd Sunday of Easter at St. Andrew's. A friend asked me if I had ever written a poem about Mary Magdalene. I told her I might have. I looked and I couldn't find one so I went to work on this - imagining a conversation between two good friends a couple thousand years ago. 

Mary Magdalene

Tonight's lamp caught a tear glistening

in your eye as I railed on once or twice.

Thank you Mary for not giving advice,

instead you are really quietly listening.

Talking with the brothers can be a pain,

they want to tell me what I should do

before I even finish my thoughts thru;

posturing how their ministry will gain.

Between you and I there is holy space,

eternity, where passing time is banished

as all barriers between us have vanished,

when the hearts of our souls touch grace.

You are an apostle of love to me and them;

a fire of passion that none could condemn.

No comments:

Post a Comment