Saturday, August 19, 2017

Two more poems

Interview
Writing list of questions down,
                hoping to get to deeper reason.
I smiled out an opened ended one,
               but truth isn’t scheduled this season.
Seeing opaque bricks slide into place
                on freshly troweled mortar –slip. Thunk!
Imagining protection wall between us growing
                to hide the pain from view – slip. Thunk!
I mean you no harm my eyes meant to say,
                but fear isn’t harm but shame - slip. Thunk!
The interview was telling me all I wanted
                except the hope for healing - slip. Thunk!
Asking the rest, ending this question list
Grieving all the true answers I missed.


Listening                                      
Eyes dart back and forth
          seeking, “Can I really trust you?
for news cannot get back
          and your promise must be true."
Confiding pain filled secret
          while looking deep for shock
to appear on my blank face
          as she continues taking stock.

It is her conflict, rich with pain,
          more than I can only imagine.
Now, past memories flood back
of experience of similar action.
It is not my place to tell my tale
          for this time is given just for her.
Situation’s different; but the pain,
          our pain, hits the same for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment